- See rsvp for how to and examples of individual rsvp posts themselves!
By displaying the RSVPs to your event posts, you show who is likely to participate with your event. It also shows immediate feedback to those that have RSVPd to your event with their own indie rsvp response.
How to display
There are many methods for displaying the RSVPs for an event.
Consider linking from specific RSVP items to the permalinks of the respective indie RSVPs to your event.
If you are showing silo RSVPs of POSSE copies of your event posts, from silos that lack permalinks for such RSVPs posts / responses, then you may link them to the user RSVPing to your event as a fallback.
How to de-duplicate
Since an RSVP indicates the attendance (or not) of a specific person, multiple RSVPs from the same person should only count as one, the most recent (or most recently updated if newer) RSVP being authoritative.
If you POSSE an event to a silo, then it is possible that someone posting an indie rsvp of your post will also POSSE their RSVP to that silo, thus resulting your post seemingly seeing two RSVPs from the same one RSVP from that person.
Since those RSVPs represent only a single actual individual RSVPing, your post should de-duplicate any such RSVPs of POSSE copies of your events, and show only a single RSVP, no matter what your display design is for RSVPs.
When you detect such duplicate RSVPs on silo copies of your events, you should prefer and show only the indie RSVP on your RSVPs display on your event.
TO DO: Review event#IndieWeb_Examples for dates, permalinks, and more examples of receiving/showing RSVPs on event posts, and incorporate/move those details here to this section, keeping the event examples focused on the event posts themselves.
- 2013-??-?? IndieWebCamp related? (need permalink)
- 2013-??-?? IndieWebCamp related?
- 2015-??-?? HWC event? (need permalink)
Calum Ryan has been officially accepting and displaying RSVPs for people attending Homebrew Website Club London since 2016-12-14. The implementation is a modification of the Jekyll plugin for handling Webmentions. Upon triggering a build of the static webpage there's a custom filter to change the markup with a visible tick or cross depending on whether a Webmention contains the rsvp-no or rsvp-yes value. In his CMS there's a basic dropdown interface also added for RSVP options that triggers sending a Webmention upon posting short-form content with these RSVP yes/no values included.
... need more from event page
Need to add more from the event page of people receiving/showing RSVPs on event posts.
The Falcon implementation depends on and uses:
- webmention.io jf2 output of received rsvp webmentions, sorted by rsvp value
- stream.thatmustbe.us jf2 to mf2 with a custom inline style sheet
- an iframe to embed the result on event permalinks
Examples (events posted before RSVP display support, but displayed received RSVPs after the fact)
- 2017-06-25 posted http://tantek.com/2017/179/e1/homebrew-website-club
- shows three "no" indie RSVPs
- (screenshot needed)
- 2017-07-02 posted http://tantek.com/2017/183/e1/sunday-yoga-presidio
Examples (events which showed RSVPs as they arrived via Webmention)
- 2017-07-10 posted http://tantek.com/2017/193/e1/homebrew-website-club
- 2017-07-15 posted http://tantek.com/2017/197/e1/sunday-yoga-presidio
- both also with "yes" and "interested" RSVPs backfed from the FB POSSE event
- (screenshot needed)
... add more here!
Facebook shows RSVPs on events.