Notes from: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/indiewebcamp-demos
- 2012-183 Demos
- 17:00 Teroperate
Beeminder for the IndieWeb
1. Beeminder for the IndieWeb - demoed by Bethany
callback slurp URL in config page on beeminder.com
pushups - touching nose to an Android to indicate a real push-up
projector showed monitor with stream of screen of callback results to an indiewebsite:
0.0 5.0 32.0 0.0 0.0
Shane: 23.0 (+2 that were not counted because his nose didn't touch the screen)
- streaming export now live on http://beeminder.com (set a callback URL to your own data slurper in advanced settings for a goal)
- TallyBee: http://github.com/bsoule/TallyBee (but the version that integrates with Beeminder isn't pushed yet. we do have an apk here: http://dreev.es/tb )
2. "Wild West" - DOM Web Page Editing in the browser - demoed by Nicholas
Opened up FoxNews.com to an article
( Edit ) ( Fork ) buttons overlaid on top left of screen
Click ( Edit )
page becomes editable
change the heading to "GOP Apologies to Obama. He has the best solution so far..."
click ( Fork )
saves it and pushes it to a Node instance running on his indieweb site.
3. The Butler - demoed by Julien @julien51
General idea: back up your social activities locally (in your browser), without any change in your behavior. Then allow you to serve it directly from your browser to your friends who want it. PubSubHubbub enabled :)
Source code for the relay: https://github.com/julien51/indie-butler-relay
Source code for the app (Chrome for now..; but needs to be ported to FF): https://github.com/julien51/indie-butler-app
Went to Twitter.com
"Demoing my indiecamp project!"
also been saved to
http://buttler.jit.su/julien/stream.html (refresh to see new one)
Saves off any "social posts" to the browser on the machine locally.
data is available as JSON
went to Facebook.com
"Demoing my IndieWebCamp Project!"
showed up in the JSON
can also subscribe to that stream via PuSH (PubSubHubbub)
4. SIMS - p2pauth private message - demoed by Alex Linsker
Started making his first WordPress plug-in ever
p2pauth private message
in message text:
Hi Aaron ...
sends a URL to email that includes password
click on link
goes to his site and showed the message
5. Open Follow demoed by @DonPDonP
built by Evan, Jan, Donp, others?
Google had a social graph API - but that was shut down
This is an open source reimplementation of that
it's a Node service
you can look up friends on a service to see if they're on another service
looks for links to PuSH enabled links in particular
will be online soon at http://openfollow.net
6. Web Citations demoed by Tantek
design of simple in-text web citations (Parenthetical/Harvard style)
and evolution of hyperlink citations, from simple, to similar common scheme as APA/MLA/TCMOS in an h-cite microformat