There are many starter projects to help you quickly get an 11ty site going.
- https://www.11ty.dev/docs/starter/ A list of quick starter projects
- https://11ndieweb.netlify.app/ "An 11ty starter site for the IndieWeb" for use with Netlify (Source on GitHub)
- https://hylia.website/ as announced Jun 30, 2019
- calendity: Starter for an event bulletin board with iCal support
see also other static site generators for basic principles
- Max Böck has published articles about 11ty:
- Sia Karamalegos published An In-Depth Tutorial of Webmentions + Eleventy
- Luke Bonaccorsi has released a plugin integration for Webmention.io: 11ty Plugin Webmentions
- Lewis Dale has written a post on how they used Eleventy and Netlify to use their personal website as a Mastodon account: Be Friends with my Blog
- 11ty Activity Feed - a plugin that creates a centralised RSS feed of social content (YouTube, Mastodon, Twitter, etc.) that can be followed in a reader
IndieWeb community members using Eleventy on their own primary sites:
- Zach Leatherman - creator of Eleventy, uses it to power his personal site at https://www.zachleat.com (selfdogfood), which he uses in part to own his social media content.
Other independents that are using it on their primary self-identifying site:
- Paul Robert Lloyd — supports microformats2 on articles, notes, photos, bookmarks with h-entry etc. New posts are published to GitHub using IndieKit (or via a manual commit), which triggers a build on Netlify.
- Phil Hawksworth
- Max Böck
- Cassie Evans
- Ru Singh ( Ru Singh)
- Chris Burnell ( Chris Burnell)
- ttntm ( ttntm)
- David Mead ( David Mead)
- ciccarello.me ( Anthony Ciccarello)
- boehs.org ( Evan Boehs)
- Hans Gerwitz
- benji.dog ( benji)
- Newer parts of hyperborea.org ( Kelson Vibber)
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- static site generator
- https://11ty.rocks/ Site with lots of great 11ty resources by Stephanie Eckles (@5t3ph)
- Make Eleventy the next thing you learn: Useful article on getting started with 11ty with a long further reading list
- Learn Eleventy From Scratch by Andy Bell (now freely available; originally a paid course)
- "In this Eleventy course, we go from a completely empty directory to a full-blown marketing site for a design agency, and along the way, we dive really deep into Eleventy and front-end development best practices."
- "It’s not just a course about Eleventy, either. We’re learning how to build a fast, lightweight website that’s progressively enhanced with the user at the forefront. You’re going to learn some solid HTML, CSS and accessibility best practices just by completing this course."
- The tech behind EG: Example Eleventy blog and post about the setup: 2021-06-01
- Building a feed reader in Eleventy: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/G7YXMEt6hhYCyw
- Letting Eleventy Schedule its Own Builds uses Netlify functions to build scheduled posts
- 11ty IndieWeb Avatar Service
- Flexibility is a big reason to consider using it: https://ryanccn.dev/posts/why-eleventy/
- The Next Phase of Eleventy: Return of the Side Project