Homebrew Website Club - Pacific was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2022-09-07.
- When: 2022-09-07
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwcpst-2022-09-07
How to get easy access for people without a website?
- support sign-in, then show them the post on your site
- web sign-in (rel-me auth) with GitHub, Twitter
- web sign-in with email
- credential (?) URL -- URL with "token="
- allows URL to be shared in a chat, email, allow easy access for people without websites
- potentially less secure since the URL will work for anyone who has it, but token can be revoked
- what about just directly sending protected posts to people without a website? (kind of like a newsletter)
- would need to send from SMTP secure email
- could allow people to subscribe to RSS with token appended
How important is it to make protected posts work for people without websites?
Screenshot as proxy to caching, in the IndieWeb with webmention quotes IndieWeb needs to be aware of caching manners / etiquette
- Tumblr themes -- no one uses default theme so adding microformats there didn't necessarily have wide repurcussions, because they weren't child themes
- Need a Microformat-aware template editor
Goal = tool for the layperson that's powerful enough for the developer
Reviews in general
Is anyone building a consuming site or service for reviews? h-review?
Need an h-recipe micropub editor
- If the Omicron booster seems effective at preventing infection
- maybe 20-30 people in Portland
- could take a train from Seattle
- apparently at least a couple of people got Covid at DWebCamp
- weekend of Oct 21 is out for Tracy, also November for NaNoWriMo
- maybe 11/5-6 before midterms, or 11/12-13 after midterms, some preference for latter
- maybe an activism related session / discussion