Homebrew Website Club Europe/London was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2023-05-31.
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/HWC_Europe_2023-05-31
- Sara Jakša
- Tantek Çelik
- Mark Sutherland
- Pablo Morales
- Angelo Gladding
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- https://sarajaksa.eu/cv/ (example of Bibliographes under Publications, speaking under Presentation)
Talks / speaking pages
What is the difference between /appearances vs. a bibliography
If someone has published lots of things, should they go on multiple pages?
- https://www.cs.toronto.edu/~hinton/fullcv.pdf (Geoffrey Hinton's CV - 44 pages)
- Organize using an inverted pyramid structure?
- The IndieWeb wiki often breaks out big pages into smaller ones
Consider the design principle of progressive disclosure as well
This Week in the IndieWeb (Audio Edition)
What's the difference between a lexicon and a glossary
- "However, lexicographers regard generic names of chemical compounds as verbal formulae rather than English words"
Glossary vs references:
Very long place name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llanfairpwllgwyngyll - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Very long Hawaiian word — the state fish: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Follow Wikipedia practice if an IndieWeb wiki guideline is unspecified is a good rule of thumb.
Out of context: "is the hatnote not more meta [than a headnote]"
How about HWCs? Is that speaking? no, because it's not a talk, it's a gathering. would make more sense on an attending or rsvps page, e.g. https://aaronparecki.com/rsvps
How should we create/name articles on the IndieWeb wiki that are about IndieWeb topics directly vs meta/about the IndieWeb community or wiki itself?
Suggestion by Tantek Çelik:
- use "plain names" for articles about IndieWeb topics directly.
- use "indieweb-*" names for articles about the IndieWeb community or wiki itself
- e.g. indieweb-elsewhere
Thoughts / opinions?
Alternative to goodreads: http://bookwyrm.social/
Pablo has been on a dark side of AI rabbit hole. The Predictions of the dark side of the internet and AI
Media Wiki Statistics: Special:Statistics
https://archiveofourown.org/ The good example of taggins, as an example of index - the examplanation of the process: https://www.wired.com/story/archive-of-our-own-fans-better-than-tech-organizing-information/ (it is an archive of fanfiction)
Category vs Index - For James?