Homebrew Website Club Meeting
- San Francisco
- Mozilla SF, 1st floor, 2 Harrison st. (at Embarcadero), San Francisco, CA
- Esri R&D Center, 920 SW 3rd Ave #400, Portland, OR
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy? If so, come on by and join a gathering of people with likeminded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project, whatever...
See the Homebrew Website Club Newsletter Volume 1 Issue 1 for a description of the first meeting.
- James Chivers
- Tantek Çelik
- Ben Werdmuller
- r. kevin nelson
- John Rogerson
- Josh Juran
- Ryan Barrett
- Johannes Ernst
- Kevin Marks
- Pius Uzamere
Sorry to miss you!
- Matthew Levine
Notes from the meeting.
Blog posts before the meeting:
Portland P2P Section
Brief list of topics OH in the discussion section:
- Resources for learning HTML/CSS
- What is http://clojure.org/ ?
- Some talk about Scheme
- Bret Victor's Talks
- People wanted more time to hack on stuff, so maybe start organizing some hack sessions on the weekend.
- IndieAuth helped reveal a weird issue with github pages: https://github.com/aaronpk/IndieAuth/issues/46
- Introducing people to indieauth and getting people signed into the wiki.
- A good irssi tutorial was noted http://quadpoint.org/articles/irssi/
- Question: What are good books with the title along the lines of 'Designing from scratch?'
- ... (answer missing)
present but not pictured, photographer Aaron Parecki
present earlier (left before photo) : Pius
present but not pictured, photographer Tantek Çelik