Homebrew Website Club - Pacific was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2022-10-12.
- When: 2022-10-12
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwcpst-2022-10-12
- David Shanske
- Tracy Durnell
- Angelo Gladding
- gRegor Morrill
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Covered Bridges and Roads - https://david.shanske.com/2020/10/
- Hollie got ClassicPress working: https://holliebutler.net/
.new domain name - owned by Google - $500 / year - required to redirect somewhere
- post.new: new post using WordPress blocks editor (in existing wordpress blog when logged in via gravatar)
- blog.new: create new website -- suggested available domain names, then could create a wordpress blog and subscribe to their service
how can people who aren't coders contribute to the IndieWeb?
- document your path to the IndieWeb on your own website
- think about IndieWeb community (versus technology) activities, conversations, etc.
- https://archive.org/details/myfirstindiewebcamp-iwc-berlin2-2019 - This is what I think Newcomers should watch first. Would love to see more stories like this
Twitter muted words to affect the timeline: algorithmic_feed
Pilot Episode - Burns and Allen TV Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ae41wbhp7o
Pre-chat for November 6 pop-up
- A vision for the future of the internet -- in contrast to the Crypto Web3 "vision"
- Movement to buck the status quo of the internet
- IndieWeb says the silos ruined things, let's pull back to the "good old days"
- Crypto wants to walk "forward" to a new paradigm
- a challenge = Web3 has the appearance of making people money, so it's easy to get a lot of people psyched about it because they hope to earn money from its success
Expand IndieWeb technologies:
- implement on your own site
- get people to implement in open source
- get existing companies to adopt
- get startups interested