Homebrew Website Club Meetup — Special 502 Edition!
from -: IndieWeb meetup!
• optional quiet writing hour for the venues that explicitly have it.
All times are local, unless otherwise noted in venues.
Earlier events (absolute timeline) listed first.
- 18:00 - 20:00 (GMT+2)
Virtual European Time
🇪🇺 Virtual HWC for site builders who either can’t make a regular in-person meeting or don’t yet have critical mass to host one in their area. Everyone of all levels is welcome to participate remotely! Hosted on the Mumble server.
Virtual on CEST.
- 17:30–19:30 CEST (15:30–17:30 UTC, 08:30–10:30 PDT)
Format: Because of the online voice chat medium, this HWC often becomes a free forum discussion about things that have been happening on the IndieWeb and the internet in general.
- This week’s topic: 502s.
- What is happening in IndieWeb “Auth” land? (Suggested by Jeremy Cherfas.)
- … (add your own!)
- 19:00 - 19:30 BST – intros and warmup
- 19:30 - 20:30 BST – quiet writing hour
No need to check-in at the venue just look out for Calum Ryan, the organiser, usually sitting towards the back of the cafe wearing an IndieWeb t-shirt and stickered laptop. More details on hwclondon.co.uk.
🦀 Baltimore meets on Tuesday this week!
- Quiet writing hour at 17:30 for those interested.
This week's topics:
- HTTP 502 - AKA "Bad Gateway"
Suggest more topics for discussion at Homebrew Website Club Meetups this week. For example, difficult and/or open ended questions that come up in discussion.
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Come on by and join a gathering of people with likeminded interests. Bring your friends who want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
- Finish that blog post you’ve been writing, contribute to the indieweb wiki!
- Demos of recent IndieWeb breakthroughs, share what you've gotten working!
See the Homebrew Website Club Newsletter Volume 1 Issue 1 for a description of the first meeting.
- San Francisco