Homebrew Website Club - Pacific was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2022-01-26.
- When: 2022-01-26
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-01-26
- David Shanske
- gRegor Morrill
- Anthony Ciccarello
- Tracy Durnell
- Angelo Gladding
- Johannes Ernst
- add yourself!
https://tracydurnell.com/mind-garden/index/ - trying to figure out how to hide tags only used once
How to organize an online session?
- New page to capture notes: Pop-up_Organizing
- good times to hold events
- structure: length, breaks, etc
- review Homebrew_Website_Club#Online_Format for some information to merge into this new page^
- expectations for after the event - upload video / transcript / audio; transfer etherpad to wiki
- how to promote beforehand
Transcription Testing / Thinking
- should transcript be in a GitHub to allow for editing, searching?
- review for Code of Conduct violations in transcription errors
- do we need a transcription policy?
- sample = Chatham House Rules
- difference in expectations between a Pop-Up event and HWC
--> need to discuss considerations on Meta - considerations for consent, silencing, accessibility, how much cleanup is needed / who would do that - weigh pros and cons
Thinking about online events
- Will we want to continue pop-ups post pandemic? We expect yes
- Will we want to continue online HWCs post pandemic? Allows people in rural areas / areas without an in-person HWC to attend
- Is it possible to start collecting questions before an event? E.g. in etherpad - How would this be different from adding things to the wiki? <-- everyone can add to etherpad, only people who have set up wiki access can edit the wiki
- posts that are only useful / interesting for a short period of time