Jump to navigation Jump to search
Homebrew Website Club - Pacific was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2023-02-22.
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/2023-02-22-hwc-pacific
11ty image plugin repo: https://github.com/11ty/eleventy-img
Relevance of Local Content
- Does it make sense to post hyper-local content on your site? e.g. Went to The History of Exclusion on the Eastside - Tracy Durnell
- Will people far away on the internet care about local content?
- Local content often has parallels outside of a specific location
- Mapping Prejudice - University of Minnesota
- Redlining and Housing Covenants in South Pasadena
- @remy/webmention node package
- Anthony Ciccarello is looking at fixing an issue where it doesn't pick up fed.brid.gy links
- self mentions could be a option/flag
- What use cases are there for image webmentions?
- Stats, notification
- Done via http header (per spec)
- Webmention endpoint caching issue
- 2021/Pop-ups/Webmentions_Beyond_Webmention.io was related (but doesn't address caching)
- We should do anther popup soon!
- Bridgy Fed documentation on u-bridgy-fed
- @remy/webmention currently doesn't check for links outside e-content
- benji Added a Check Endpoint to his fork of webmention.app for debugging
Collaborating with other communities
- Should we consider adopting the Open Graph Protocol standard?
- There are a lot of properties that are likely never used
- How do we encourage IndieAuth adoption from the broader D-Web space
- There's very little understanding of IndieWeb concepts in the meetups/conferences
- Even for projects with a federation setup, what tools/protocols could be used across these communities
- Some of the vocabulary/principles of the IndieWeb don't fit with d-web community
- Lots of projects in the d-web community revolve around roadmaps and project leads which is different than the IndieWeb ethos of imprlementation first, spec later
- https://home.omg.lol/ - supports Fediverse
- Unstoppable domain .coin issue - One example of why to avoid unstoppable domains.
- Creative commons has published some articles on generative AI
- Better Sharing for Generative AI
- Fair Use: Training Generative AI
- Experts Weigh In: AI Inputs, AI Outputs and the Public Commons - Webinar summary
- Generally considers AI training fair use (at least legally)
Expanding IndieWeb Adoption
- D-web projects are looking to THE project with all the momentum, development, users, and hype
- IndieWeb principles tend to be less capitalistic, winner-takes-all
- How could a service make it easy to get set up with the IndieWeb?
- Micro.blog is our obvious example
- There's not really a "free trial" for creating websites
- Squarespace makes it easy to sign up for a domain but is not very flexible
- Wordpress is both easy to sign up for and customizable, but complicated to set up
- We could make a d-web/fediverse site that requires indieauth/webmentions to post 😄 (like indieweb.xyz)