(Redirected from events/2022-11-30-homebrew-website-club-europe-london)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Homebrew Website Club Europe/London was an IndieWeb meetup on Zoom held on 2022-11-30.
- Archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/jmFQwdH5_aQnqjCso0RB
Add your domain name or a link to your wiki profile here!
- William Kearney
- Mark Sutherland
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
- Using emacs lisp as a client for writing websites
- Writing in the same interface as the code and all of the web admin work
- Creating posts in WordPress
- IndieBlocks as a way to add blocks to WP (https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/indieblocks/)
- Content presentation: https://breakfastand.coffee/200_Degrees_Coffee_(Leeds)_-_Leeds
- Semantic search on personal websites
- demo of word2vec + drawing: https://www.enderverse.org/notes/mathgarden.html (inspired by semantica)
- Semantica by Paul Bricman: https://paulbricman.com/thoughtware/semantica
- Ben's blog: https://benatkin.com/
- Microformats validators
- Embracing POSSE on one's personal websitet
- You can host your site as a Mastodon server: https://fed.brid.gy/
- web hosting where it is unlikely to get kicked out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NearlyFreeSpeech
- running your own website server: https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/ (i like this a lot - ender)
- I think https://runyourown.social/ is probably the future of social networking (small networks, less than 100 people)
- I (James) _loves_ this!
- There's a lot of conflation between Mastodon, IndieWeb, the Fediverse
- Is Mastodon a fad? It's the new thing.
- Low Tech Magazine's solar powered website: https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/