IndieWebWeek Vlissingen 2019
⚓ We're meeting for a Hackweek right before FOSDEM 2019 !
The importance of owning your data is getting more awareness every year.
But there is still a lot of work to do to help people to understand what “owning your data” actually means at all.
To achieve this and help people getting started, we're meeting for a bar-camp like collaboration and hackweek in Vlissingen.
Join us right before FOSDEM and learn how to use open web technologies or develop Open Source to empower and – maybe more importantly – encourage users to own their own content and identities. Let's create sustainable FLOSS communities and raise awareness in politics and media around IndieWeb. We will tinker in a water tower, the base for the event.
Join us for five days of brainstorming, working, helping.
At least 24 spots are available for now incl. 8 cost-free sleeping rooms.
- 1 IndieWebWeek Vlissingen 2019
- 1.1 RSVP
- 1.2 Participating
- 1.3 Adjacent Events
- 1.4 Sessions
- 1.5 Sponsors
- 1.6 Organizers
- 1.7 Travel and Lodging
- 1.8 Planning
- 1.9 Photos
- When: through
- Where: Watertoren (Water Tower),Badhuisstraat 187, 4382 AM Vlissingen, NL.
- URL: https://indieweb.org/2019/Vlissingen
- Cost: Free
Free (fast) WiFi is available at the locations and up to 1Mbit or upgrade in the city.
Optional car shuttles
2019-01-28 early : AMS - Utrecht - Tilburg||Breda & DUS - Antwerpen - Vlissingen
2019-02-01 late : Vlissingen - Brussels (FOSDEM dev room on 2th Feb)
2019-02-04 || 05 : Brussels - DUS & Brussels - AMS
We need numbers.
- For questions ping Sebastian Lasse in IRC or via mail
- Optional: Add yourself and what projects you’re working on to the Guest Book.
All participants must agree to:
If you have any questions, please ask in chat!
We plan to cook together.
- 02-02…03 (weekend after IndieWebWeek) FOSDEM BRUSSELS 2019
|MON • Discussion||TUE • Discussion, Build-Planning||WED • Building|
| Day 1 is about discussing in a BarCamp-like environment.
Bring a topic you'd like to discuss or join in on topics as they are added to the board. We make the schedule together!
|Day 2 is BarCamp 2 and also about making things on and for the IndieWeb||Day 3 is about coding together with remote participation. A group could build a better theme for the wiki other groups could improve on demos made in Nuremberg/Berlin or build webcomponents ready to use for consuming IndieWeb principles.|
08:30 Organizer setup
09:30 Hello World - badges
|THU • Awareness||FRI • Demos|
|Day 4 ...||Day 5 is to show what we did. Demo your created building blocks.|
redaktora CMS in development by Sebastian Lasse based on IndieWeb principles, federated and linked data
Become a sponsor?
We are currently looking for a co-sponsor for this event.
- Organizers: Sebastian Lasse
- Want to help out?
- Setup wiki pages (Introductions, Demos, complete schedule etc.)
Questions for Organizers
Add your questions below
- what's the scope/purpose of the event, why a week?
Travel and Lodging
Add yourself here if you're interested in sharing an accomodation with others.
"Code together" ::
/me in advance would set up a space for remote participation
which apart from stream / etherpad also allows coding together,
- What is the best solution, https://glitch.com , https://codeshare.io ? Please comment.
- also : Please add more ideas for How-To increase remote participation everywhere.
Could ask for co-sponsors (e.g. coop with NGO friends) - idea
- Large discussion round table, e.g.
- "State of the IndieWeb"
- "Political Awareness"
- Invite NGOs, EU Council, media
Put suggestions for the IndieWebWeek here:
- Open book-table in the library
- Let us all explain the IndieWeb in a 2:37 min. video - as Greta did for Climate Change
IndieWeb Poster at FOSDEM 2018, photo: ballancier.de