Own your data.
Rather than posting content on third-party silos of content, we should all own the content we're creating. Publish on your own domain, and syndicate out to silos.
Join us at The Skiff for a day-long BarCamp-style gathering of web creators building and sharing open web technologies to empower users to own their own identities & content, and advance the state of the indie web.
- When: from through
- Where: The Skiff, 6 Gloucester Street, Brighton, UK, BN1 4AB. http://theskiff.org
- URL: http://indiewebcamp.com/2012/UK
- Guest List - add yourself (and optionally an apprentice)
Consider also signing up for dConstruct 2012, 7th September 2012 in Brighton.
etherpad index: http://etherpad.mozilla.org/indiewebcamp
See buttons and put one your blog/site sidebar for IndieWebCamp 2012!
it's one of the few tech events I've gone to and rather than despairing at bullshit, I got on the train [afterwards] and my immediate thought was "let's build things!" - Tom Morris 
Blog posts about IndieWebCampUK 2012 - please feel free to add yours!
- IndieWebCampUK on Brighton Digital Festival
- IndieWebCampUK on Mozilla WebMaker
- IndieWebCampUK on Plancast
See previous IndieWebCamps for ideas on sessions, projects to re-use, build-upon, and inspire new creations.
IndieWebCamp thanks the following 2012 UK sponsors:
The SkiffThe Skiff is a not-for-profit community created and run by our members for our members.
The Skiff provided the venue for IndieWebCampUK 2012.
ClearleftOur mission is to advance the field of user experience design, one exceptional product at a time.
Clearleft provided sticky notes, sketch paper, pens, and donated anything unused at the end of IndieWebCampUK 2012 to The Skiff.
This is our unordered "to-do" (GTD next-actions) list for IndieWebCamp 2012. Strike and sign done items and move them to the done section.
- find a source for "HELLO MY URL IS" generic looking name badges just in case people want to use those too. Or we just print a few sheets of them on sticker paper. Anyone got a design? Upload it to the buttons page.
- or just find name badge stickers
- find large sticky notes for session grid
- setup whiteboard or wall for session grid
- do introduction to IndieWebCampUK
- sessions, lunch, sessions, demo
- clean-up and lockup.
See the overall to-do page for IndieWebCamp.com in general.
redirect Sessions to 2012/UK/Sessions
redirect [[Schedule]] to 2012/UK/Schedule
redirect Demos to 2012/UK/Demos
create page Schedule Grid from 2012/Schedule - but 1 day only
create page Session Proposals from 2012/Sessions
create page Demos from 2012/Demos
Other Activities to check out in Brighton before / after IndieWebCamp
- Brighton Digital Festival events! Feel free to add direct suggested links here:
- Brighton Food Festival
- To-do - general IndieWebCamp to-do items