IndieWebCamp Pop-ups 2020
IndieWebCamp Pop-ups 2020 are stand alone single topic sessions started in 2020, partly in response to the coronavirus pandemic that has prevented the long history of regularly occurring in-person camps in various cities.
While not designed to be the traditional two day camps of sessions and creating, they are meant to foster ongoing discussion and development of topics of interest to the IndieWeb community.
Pop-up events are scheduled individually on as-desired basis. See the Pop-up tag on Meetable for various upcoming events.
- Please read through our Code of Conduct
- Session Proposals/Brainstorming
- Schedule Grid - hyperlinked to actual session pages
IndieWebCamp has a strong tradition of remote participation, typically using chat, Zoom and Etherpad during as well as after the event. More details and links for remote participation will be posted here on the days of the event. Also feel free to join us on chat to get realtime updates and conversation before, during, and after the sessions. (Direct web chat link here.)
- See Attending IndieWebCamp for what to expect and how to prepare for attending.
💬 Join the chat: discuss
If you're interested in organizing or hosting a pop-up session, feel free to use the session brainstorming and organizing page to brainstorm or flesh out your event(s), or ask for help in the IndieWeb chat.
Various organizers are responsible for putting together these individual pop-up events. They are listed below:
- Chris Aldrich - 2020-04-25 The Garden and the Stream
- David Shanske and Chris Aldrich - 2020-08-01 Getting Started with WordPress
- Aaron Parecki and David Shanske - 2020-08-08 IndieAuth 1.1
- Add yourself here… (see this for more details)
Blog posts and articles
- 2020-04-26 : A short post mortem, video and note links, and challenge from The Garden and the Stream IndieWebCamp Pop-up session (archived)
- 2020-05-03 : Building a Day Log Habit
- Just a small smattering of the ~25 people who joined us for The Garden and the Stream
- Christophe Ducamp posted a photo of his personal set up for attending at https://microblog.ducamp.me/2020/04/25/session-indieweb-pilote.html