(Redirected from 2021-10-09/Create/Notes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Create Day October 2021 was a one-day virtual IndieWebCamp held on 2021-10-09.
Notes archived from: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/IWCCreateDay-2021-10-09
Put your name, website, and what you plan on working on.
- Template:jeremiah Working on: go-dj, a daemon for automating audio content to play through a Talking House AM Transmitter: https://www.hobbybroadcaster.net/reviews/Talking-House-AM-Transmitter.php
- ✅ Get config properly loading into structs from yaml
- ✅ Select library for playing audio and decoding
- ✅ Get program list playing through speakers from the config
- ✅ Update documentation
- Johannes Ernst. What does an Indie Website look like in the metaverse? (Because I sure don't want Facebook to be my [metaverse host](https://www.theverge.com/22588022/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-ceo-metaverse-interview))
- ✅ Demo complete! Video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvUenrIIECU
- ✅ Source code on Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/j12t/indie-website-metaverse-prototype
- David Shanske, Yarns Microsub enhancements and refactoring.
- Tracy Durnell digitize mushroom mascot illustration (https://indieweb.org/mascot) 🍄
- ✅ illustrate "standard" mushroom
- ✅ illustrate techy shroom
- ✅ illustrate audiophile shroom
- posted at https://tracydurnell.com/2021/10/09/indieweb-create-day-mushroom-mascot-illustrated/
- Neil Mather Looking at options for publishing via Micropub directly to a git repo in a forge and/or looking at marking up my wiki pages with microformats.
- Template:nicksimson Adding a dark mode color scheme to nicksimson.com. Maybe start writing a plugin to extend the list block in WordPress to handle different kinds of ordered lists (a,b,c; i, ii, iii; etc.)
- Template:w4rner Draft.OURSS.Social (RSS feed list sharing). Hope to make it 1st demo, if not UN: feed PW: together, firstname.lastname@example.org feedback
- Angelo Gladding will be working on IndieAuth scopes and possibly some TicketAuth experimentation
- ✅ get signed in to Monocle
- get ✅ channels, ✅ searching,  following working in Microsub/WebSub
-  show select followings (naming!!!) publicly
- Tantek Çelik came up with a few things to "work on" for his site tantek.com
- ✅ post an RSVP to this event
- ✅ update the Events sidebar/feed on my homepage (to be current) https://tantek.com/#events
- ✅ created https://indieweb.org/metaverse to document today's discussions & prototype/demo by Johannes Ernst
- ✳️ fix my home page photo_grid (captured in Falcon#fix_home_page_photo_grid)
- ✳️ harder project: iterate on a static file based wiki pages solution, in-progress brainstorming here: wiki-projects#Static_Pages_Plus_HTTP_Headers (captured in Falcon#named_pages)
- capjamesg stopped in to say hello! Has a few issues on GitHub to look through. Actively thinking about social search. Without a laptop
- Template:Alice Kile Will be working on my websites, probably write a blog post or research / take notes for the blog post. (Blog: https://box.buoyantair.co/blog/)
- gRegor Morrill gregorlove.com
- Update indiebookclub
- ✅ IndieAuth implementation, adding PKCE
- Delete posts
- Re-try failed posts
- Work on Micropub plugin updates for ProcessWire.
- Update indiebookclub
- Template:jeremyrader I'll be adding styling to the rather bland site that I set up earlier this week. I also had an idea for adding open graph tags to comments on my site so that I can display them via the link previews in Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. I've been working on generating the comment as an image that can be shared through og:image
- Template:davidschmudde Working on IndieLogin capabilitys for my blog. I'm here: https://schmud.de/
- fluffy Hoping to rewrite/refactor the templates for https://beesbuzz.biz/ which have gotten ridiculously convoluted and unwieldy
- Chris Aldrich Cleaning out some problems from a recent database issue
- Darius Dunlap Moving my WordpressMP server to a new hosting company and re-implementing everything on updated Ubuntu, which likely means re-implementing NGINX, certs, PHP (updated) and various Wordpress details. Of note, this is replacing a server that I first brought up on DigitalOcean many years ago at IndieWebCampSF. It's the home of my old blog darius.dunlaps.net, dariusdunlap.com, and feedthegirl.com (my food blog)
- Benjamin Atkin Converting WordPress site to Vite
Books vs movies, is there enough overlap to do them together, or should they be separate things? one difference: people usually finish movies in one sitting, people don't usually finish books in one sitting
lots of overlap between books, podcasts, movies
- https://www.proporti.onl/ - "Estimate the gender distribution of your followers and those you follow,
based on their profile descriptions or first names"
- granary.io - " Fetches and converts data between social networks, HTML and JSON with microformats2, ActivityStreams 1 and 2, Atom, RSS, JSON Feed, and more."
HTML5 Semantic Elements
Whether to use global heading levels (h1, h2, h3) or reset heading level when inside an article or section tag back to h1?
- HTML5 Outline algorithm wasn't really interoperably implemented (if at all) across browsers etc.
- Tantek Çelik decided to use global heading levels in a page because they’re more broadly predictably supported
When to use article vs. section vs. div vs...
- fluffy keeps on reading up on the HTML5 spec on when article/section/etc. are used, and always finds it very confusing. In particular, never sure whether to put <section> outside and/or inside <article>
- Tantek Çelik used to try very hard to always use the right HTML5 semantic elements for all cases, but found it was a lot of effort for what seemed to be little or no benefit, and simplified down to just divs (or other basic elements like paragraphs) with class names. However after doing some research on screen readers and how they treat HTML5 semantic elements, there's enough benefits to *sometimes* use *some* of them, and has a specific to-do on this: https://indieweb.org/Falcon#HTML5_semantic_elements_for_accessibility
... copy this to add another notes subject...
- ... add notes