This article is a stub. You can help the IndieWeb wiki by expanding it.
cities are a good place to organize and host IndieWebCamps and Homebrew Website Club meetups; see the lists of cities below.
Recent cities have that have hosted an IndieWebCamp or series of Homebrew Website Clubs since 2018, and have either currently active community members or other IndieWeb-adjacent events planned.
Alphabetical: (a map would be nice)
- ❌ Amsterdam
- 🌮 Austin
- 🐻 Berlin
- 🎪 Brighton
- 🦁 Düsseldorf
- 🔺 Karlsruhe
- 🎡 London
- 🌳 New Haven
- 🗽 New York City
- 🏹 Nottingham
- 🏰 Nürnberg
- 🏫 Oxford
- 🌹 Portland
- 🏄 San Diego
- 🌁 San Francisco
- 🐰 Utrecht
IndieWebCamp city colors
Based on Dopplr city colors using service https://pin13.net/city-color.php?city=Portland
- New Haven
- Cambridge (maybe show row as Boston)
- New York ( Manhattan)
- Bellingham (maybe show row as Seattle)
- Los Angeles ( Hollywood, Santa Monica)
- San Francisco
- 🌴 West (AKA Pacific Time Zone) — see past HWC & IWC events
- 🌎 Pacific — see past HWC & IWC events
Cities that have had IndieWebCamp events in the past (2017 or earlier, but nothing more recent)
- Cambridge (MA) (hosted at MIT)
Cities that have had HWC events in the past but no longer seem active:
- Barnsley (HWC starting 2019-07-18)
- Mountain View (held a few HWC events)
Some need pages:
All Cities that have ever hosted an IndieWebCamp or Homebrew Website Club:
Maps would be nice!
- All cities that have hosted HWCs or IWCs (maybe with a count of each on each city?)
- Recent cities (this calendar year or last year)
- All cities in a year (highlight new cities that year)
Timeline charts would be cool too! Designed like rockband member timelines:
- ... Is there a Wikipedia category for bands with timelines of members?
- IndieWebCamps over time, horizontal axis measured by year
- Each new city added as a bar from bottom (closest to timeline base) to top, starting with Portland, etc.
- Cities with one IWC per year drawn as a contiguous line, missing a year shows a gap for that year
- Homebrew Website Clubs / IndieWeb meetups over time, horizontal axis measured by month/year
- Each new city added as a bar from bottom (closest to timeline base) to top, starting with San Francisco, etc.
- Cities with at least one HWC/IWM per month drawn as contiguous line, missing a month shows a gap for that month
Get Data From
Existing templates have at least some of the data: