📆 Welcome to upcoming IndieWeb events, listing indieweb-related events, and events with indieweb sessions!. For other meanings of "event", see:
Upcoming IndieWeb related events.
Feel free to add any indieweb-related events, free or paid, whole camps/conferences, or even individual IndieWeb related talks at conferences.
- See: How to add an event for instructions.
Future events will be posted on events.indieweb.org!
How To Add An Event
To add an event to the IndieWeb Events Listing:
- Log in to the wiki
- Visit https://events.indieweb.org and click "Add an Event"
- Complete the required information, adding as much detail about the event as possible
- For conferences with IndieWeb talks, or related meetups like micro.blog
- Clone an existing event page for a conference (e.g. Beyond Tellerrand)
- Edit the event name, dates & times, venue location
- Remove inapplicable content like tags, description, etc
- Edit as necessary, and save!
- For Homebrew Website Club (HWC) events:
- Ensure you've added the
hwctag to the event
- Make sure you RSVP to the event you're (co-)organizing, by either clicking the "I'm Going" button or posting an indie RSVP
- Ideally also:
- Create an indie event on your own site for the HWC for your city, ideally with invitations to people that have previously participated.
- POSSE that indie event to one or more applicable event silos/commons of your choice (e.g. Calagator, Facebook)
- Add those URLs to the section for your city
- Be sure to have Bridgy or some other backfeed setup to receive RSVPs from the silo copy/copies to your indie event.
- Invite folks on the silo/silos you POSSEd to, to the POSSE copy/copies.
- Ensure you've added the
Previous steps that have been automated or are no longer necessary!
- Update Main_Page with the new event
- Automated by Kaja!
- Update the IRC /topic (or ask an admin) to link to that next HWC (assuming that is the next one)
- Unnecessary because the /topic now always links to next-hwc!
- Update the Sidebar text (or ask an admin to do so) with the list of cities
- Unnecessary because we have stopped listing the HWC cities in the sidebar
Want to help out with one of those? Say something in IRC and add yourself to the event page.
Add events to your calendar
Subscribe to current and future indie web related events, e.g. in Apple iCal, or Evolution:
- ✚🗓 Subscribe to IndieWeb Events
- set it to update ("[x] Refresh" or "Auto-refresh: Every day")
Past indie web related events and related photos, blog posts, etc.
Homebrew Website Club meetups
Why do we use this page for events?
Some of the benefits of using the wiki for events include:
- There is no fixed template for events, so we are able to add new sections to the event page as needed
- The layout of event pages has evolved over time as our needs have changed
We need to make section or link to the how-to organize events from the events page. I would make a sidebar section for events and put Organize an Event there as well or just add it above sponsor